All seriousness aside, this is a project that developed from one class and then spring boarded into a more finalized version in another. It worked out in an odd way. The story board itself was done for a class I take called "Elements of Visual Thinking," kind of an experimental class. I rolled over in bed at 2 am and sketched out this little comic. I was having lots of thoughts about tea for this class because we had to have 10 different pieces born from a single object/thing. At 2am I have weird thoughts, like "If only tea bags were balloons. I could just steep the clouds and drink the rain as I walked down the street. Oh yeah, that'd be awesome." Then I had this image in my head of a little girl gripping onto the tag of a tea bag for dear life as she was lifted into the air. I'm not even going to try and explain myself, don't worry about it. Anywho, here is the first storyboard.
Then! After creating this I received an assignment in my EMAC class to create a story out of separate images, only requirement is you have to mix photographs and other elements in photoshop. Well this story begged to be expanded further, so I made 5 separate pieces that really brought the images (and thus the story) to life.




I scanned real tea bags, watercolor and pen drawings, and photographs of clouds to give the pieces dimension and interesting texture. Will probably do more of this work in the future, woo!

that is so incredible. major kudos.
ReplyDelete